Unleash the full potential of your home theater system with our detailed review of the Marantz SR 5015 AV receiver. Discover its advanced features, impeccable sound quality, and stunning visual performance in our in-depth analysis.
The Marantz SR5015 is an excellent illustration of how the company can manufacture a receiver that is not only affordably priced but also packed with a variety of features. This SR model is distinct from its predecessors in that it features an 8-channel amplifier that is more than capable of providing power to a 7.2-channel configuration.
After giving it a shot, we are in a position to share our thoughts with you at this point. Continue reading to discover whether or not the Marantz SR5015 receiver is the most suitable option for your needs.
The new Marantz SR5015 is visually similar to the SR5009. The only noticeable change is that the new model is somewhat wider to house the amplifier’s expanded channel count. At a height of less than 4 inches, this receiver is still compact enough to work with almost any home entertainment system. The familiar simplicity and cleanliness of Marantz’s designs can be seen on the front panel. It’s easier to keep everything organized during setup because all the ports are on the rear.
The SR5015 is available exclusively in black. Look at one of Marantz’s higher-end receivers if you want something a little more fashionable.
The Marantz SR 5015 is well made and looks great doing it. The case is roughly 23 pounds and 17.3 by 13.4 by 6.6 inches in size. The receiver’s front panel is aluminum, while the top and sides are premium plastic. The sleek black exterior of the device complements a wide variety of interior design styles.
The input, audio format, and volume can all be seen on the huge display located on the front panel. The screen is legible even in low light, and it may be turned off entirely if necessary. Input selection, tone, and volume controls may all be accessed via a set of buttons on the front panel.
The Marantz SR 5015’s elegant design blends cutting-edge audio technologies for a fully immersive home theater experience. The receiver’s amplifiers can pump out a total of seventy-two watts of power across seven channels. It allows for three different types of 3D surround sound to be played back: Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and Auro-3D. The IMAX Improved function of the receiver improves the picture and sound quality of IMAX movies.
There are a total of eight HDMI inputs and three HDMI outputs on the Marantz SR 5015. In addition to being able to play music and access internet material via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, it also contains an Ethernet connector. The receiver is compatible with numerous music streaming services. It also works with voice assistants like Google Home and Apple’s Siri.
Such sophisticated audio processing capabilities as Audyssey MultEQ XT32 room correction and Dynamic Volume are included in the receiver. These additions take into account the acoustics of the environment and adjust the volume output accordingly, so that the sound remains high quality regardless of the setting.
The Marantz SR 5015 is an all-around high-quality and high-tech AV receiver that provides numerous cutting-edge features and outstanding audio reproduction. If you want the best possible sound in your home theater, this is the system for you.
Features And Specs
The Marantz SR 5015 is an excellent option for anyone looking for a high-performance AV receiver, since it has a number of cutting-edge features and characteristics. The Marantz SR 5015 is a high-quality audio system, and we’ve broken down all of its features and specifications for you below.
Power and Amplification:
- The Marantz SR 5015 is incredibly powerful, with 7.2 channels of amplification and 100 watts of power output per channel at 8 ohms.
- The receiver works with anything between 4 and 16 ohms in impedance.
- In addition, each individual channel is amplified by a separate, high-current discrete amplifier.
- Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround, DTS:X, and DTS Neural:X are all surround sound formats that are supported with the Marantz SR 5015.
- There’s also the innovative Auro-3D 3D audio format, which allows for a richly layered and immersive listening experience.
- The receiver’s built-in audio processor, Audyssey MultEQ XT32, measures the acoustics of the listening space and adjusts the volume and soundstage accordingly.
- Together with dynamic volume and dynamic EQ, it allows you to fine-tune your audio output for various media formats.
- The Marantz SR 5015 has excellent video features, including support for 4K Ultra HD, HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision.
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) allows for lossless audio transmission via an HDMI cable.
- The device can convert lower-resolution videos to 8K quality.
- The Marantz SR 5015 is equipped with eight HDMI inputs and three HDMI outputs, allowing for a wide variety of devices to be connected.
- Streaming music and surfing the web are no problem thanks to its Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity options.
- The receiver is compatible with numerous music streaming services.
- It also works with voice assistants like Google Home and Apple’s Siri.
Marantz SR5015 Overview:
- The Marantz SR 5015 is an excellent example of cutting-edge design thanks to its black finish and aluminum front panel.
- The input, audio format, and volume can all be seen on the huge display located on the front panel.
- The receiver only measures 17.3 by 13.4 by 6.6 inches and weighs about 23 pounds.
- The audio and visual quality of IMAX content is improved with the Marantz SR 5015’s IMAX Improved function.
- For those who like to listen to their records on a turntable, there is a phono input available.
- An on-screen setup assistance is available on the receiver to help users get started.
One of the most prominent aspects of the SR5015 is the high-quality sound that it produces. The sound is guaranteed to be pure and free of distortion thanks to the HDAM technology developed by Marantz and the discrete amplifier design featured in the receiver. It faithfully duplicated the stereo as well as the surround sound, providing me with a performance that held my attention for a significant amount of time.
The Klipsch Reference Premiere speakers were able to reach very high levels thanks to the SR5015’s capabilities. When the volume was turned up to its maximum, the receiver never produced any harshness or distortion in response. We would say that the amplifiers do an excellent job given that the receiver was readily able to fill the entire space with sound.
Our one and only little point of contention is that the receiver didn’t live up to our expectations nearly as much as some of the more pricey ones that we’ve used. Throughout the dramatic passages, we had the impression that the sound could have been more exciting. On the other hand, the performance of the SR5015 when we were viewing movies left us feeling quite satisfied.
This robust receiver delivers a sonic wallop, producing high-quality sound with pinpoint accuracy. The SR5015 will improve the sound quality of whatever you’re listening to, whether it’s music or a movie.
So, let’s kick things off with some sounds. Even with low-impedance speakers, the SR5015’s 100 watts of power will ensure that your music is heard loud and clear. We’ve been listening to a variety of CDs, from classic rock to electronic dance music, and the SR5015 has performed admirably in each genre. The sound is full of texture and life. The low end is tight and punchy, the midrange is transparent and organic, and the highs are bright and airy. The vocals are presented exceptionally well, with excellent clarity and distinction.
We also put the SR5015 through its paces with some orchestral music, and it performed admirably in spite of the score’s intricacy and wide dynamic range. It was really realistic, with lots of detail in the strings, horns, and percussion. It’s the equivalent of having a concert hall in your living room.
Yet, the Marantz SR5015 is not only excellent for music but also does a fantastic job with films. Sounds are well-defined and placed throughout a spacious and enveloping soundscape. Superior processing of the audio in surround mode places the listener squarely in the midst of the action. The sound effects in “The Matrix” were so well done that we imagined myself in the midst of a combat. Everything of the speech, even in the most difficult moments, was crystal clear and simple to follow.
The SR5015’s Auto Eco Mode is a distinguishing feature since it reduces power consumption in real time without compromising music quality by adjusting power output to the speakers based on volume level and an on-screen eco meter. Those concerned about their carbon footprint can still listen to music or watch movies while doing so.
As a whole, the Marantz AVR SR5015 is a great receiver that will improve your listening experience greatly. It’s ideal for both audiophiles and cinephiles due to its robust amplification, high-quality surround sound processing, and flexible connecting options. When it comes to sound, it can do it everything and does it well. The SR5015 is the best receiver you can get, in our opinion.
Pros And Cons
Superb Aural Experience